Welcome to Hayward

Kicking around town can be lots of fun. Come join me.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

You deserve to be happy.

Another Happy Day!  Left around 9:00am.   Went to the Bay Fair Farmers Market and PetSmart.  Went to the movies and saw a little comedy called "Fun Size".  Did some running around.  Enjoyed listening to Howard Stern.  Nice relaxing, fun, day.  Fed Luigi Day 2 of his raw chicken thigh from Lucky's.  A little reluctant at first - then Finished the whole thigh.  Including the bones, which when raw are supposed to be good for him and good for cleaning his teeth.  Finished reading "Dr. Greg's Dog Dish Diet" Second Edition - Sensible Nutrition for Your Dog's Health by Greg Martinez, DVM.  He is a Veterinarian from Gilroy, California.  He talks about feeding dogs raw or frozen chicken wings, chicken thighs, smoked pork bones or beef knucklebones, and they'll gnaw the tartar away.  Also, egg yolks a couple times a week; add oils such as fish-oil capsules like omega oils, flaxseed oil or canola oil or olive oil.  Or healthy meat or fish.  Green beans, deli turkey, zucchini casserole, frozen chicken thighs, egg yolk, carrot, salmon, shrimp, sardines, apples, bananas, cherries, peaches, carrots, tomatoes.  He prefers human-grade food.  He does recommend for dog food, Halo's Spot's Stew in dry or canned.  He seems to prefer canned to dry.  I went and bought both the canned and dry at Petco.  I watched one of his video's today on my cell phone - how cool is that!  He said PLEASE - Do Not Feed Your Dog Treats Made in China.  I have been feeding Luigi Duck Jerky Treats Made in China.  Luigi loves it.  So far, he has not been getting sick from it.  I think the Chicken Jerky is the one that has been causing so much trouble - So Far.  I am Super Happy about feeding Luigi some raw food again.  It does make me a little bit nervous, but I really believe it is most likely a very good thing for him.  Don't think I am going to go 100% raw right now.  Think I'll mix it up a bit with canned and dry dog food, and whatever else.  Just want him to be Healthy and Happy!

No comments: